Monday 12 September 2011

Fitness Equipment, the Boardman Hybrid Comp and the Cycle Showroom

I took the Boardman Hybrid Comp out of the cycle showroom and Immediately realised what the commotion is about, a fitness equipment machine and two wheels. The Boardman Hybrid gives as much or as little as you reciprocate. If you require to use it as a piece of fitness equipment you will get a very good workout (approx 700 calories per hour). If you require to take it simple and keep the cycle showroom looks then this is within distance also. For the first couple of miles I was getting the feel of a Boardman Hybrid. The balance and setup seemed amazing. The gears seemed smooth, fluent with effortless touch. It felt like it wanted to be pushed a bit or take it back to the cycle showroom and purchase a traditional piece of fitness equipment!

A few miles from The Cycle Showroom I approached a steady hill, now it was time to test the Boardman Hybrid gears, fitness equipment with ease as I smoothly coasted to the top. Maybe it was time to fire into the 2nd cog as I started picking up speed to decline down the other side of the hill. The Boardman Hybrid picked up speed quickly as I clicked through the gears in the 2nd cog. As I got to the bottom of the hill pushing fairly hard I could see a few more gears in reserve. This bike has a lot more to offer for my fitness equipment workout. Before buying the Boardman Hybrid from the cycle showroom I was using a mountain bike with full suspension {this is a fitness equipment machine!) to cope with the city roads, and occasionally a road bike. I did have worries about a hybrid and the comfort, speed and strength it would give but I had no need to threat with the Boardman Hybrid.

The Boardman Hybrid seems to give it all for the leisure, commuting, weekend road biker who likes to use the bike as a part Fitness Equipment machine. I seriously considered many other bike options including another race bike, hybrid, and even a newer style mountain bike to cope with the city roads. I love quality bikes but I am far from a professional level, yet! I cycle twice weekly for about 20 miles and occasionally at the weekend for a fitness equipment workout! I also have not had the privilege to test out the other top hybrid bikes apart from the Boardman Hybrid {watch this space) so it is impossible to compare to the others. All I can say is that the Boardman Hybrid gives all I require with great balance and smoothness, has the cycle showroom looks and is a fantastic piece of fitness equipment, excellent value (specs) for the money. Farooq Hussain Shah is an Independent Fitness Equipment reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment